- BloomsbergBusinessweek.com (6/9/12) provides an analysis of the recent upsurge in nationalism in East Asia, involving the dispute between China and Japan over the Senkaku islands.
- The Market Oracle (6/9/12) offers a new term, “softball nationalism,” to describe U.S. party politics and the ways in which politicians wrestle for power.
- Dailynews.com (3/9/12) provides a commentary on modern day Turkey and irredentist nationalism.
- Macleans.ca (31/8/12) features an interview with sociologist, Mathieu Bock-Côté, regarding Quebec ethnic politics.
- The China Post (7/9/12) analyses Hong Kong identity politics in relation to protests over its national education curriculum.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.