- The National (18/08/13) reports on Tunisian patriotism amid the on-going crisis in the Middle East and the country’s political scene.
- Women’s News Network (15/08/13) features a commentary by Suheir Azzouni, a Palestinian Muslim woman living in France, who provides insight into her own experiences with exile from her homeland.
- NY Times (13/08/13) reports on the 1947 Partition Archive, a project which seeks to record stories and memories of people who lived during the 1947 partition of India. August 15 marked India’s Independence from the United Kingdom, as simultaneously its partition from Pakistan.
- Global Post (13/08/13) features a photo essay of celebrations of Pakistan’s Independence day, held on August 14, 2013, through Instagram photos.
- Gizmodo.com (13/08/13) reports on a new demographic map of the United States, which charts the entire ethnic distribution of the country, person by person.
- Al Jazeera (13/08/13) reports on the recent crackdown on undocumented immigrants in the United Kingdom, which some have condemned as racist.
- The Telegraph (12/08/13) blogs about a new study which suggests the growing political significance of the ethnic minority vote in the U.K.
- L.A. Times (11/08/13) reports on the current protests in Egypt and the influence of nationalism.
Stay tuned for SEN Article Spotlights, which will be posted later in the week.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.