- The New York Times’ (12/10/13) Parag Khanna opines about the world of the future, where nation-states have become obsolete.
- The New York Times (09/10/13) also reports on the growing extremism in Kenya, in particular among the country’s “own neglected, disaffected Muslim population.”
- The Global Jewish News Source (08/10/13) analyses the political milieu in Quebec and how Quebecois nationalism affects the region’s Jewish community.
- The Independent (08/10/13) reports that the English Defence League (EDL) founders have quit their own party because it had become too extreme.
- Eurasia Review (08/10/13) examines “the ways in which Russian national identity has been constructed by contemporary Russian historians and reflected upon in the widely disseminated official texts, such as school history textbooks.”
- Al Jazeera (07/10/13) reports that Israel’s Conservative political parties are supporting controversial changes to school curriculum and textbooks with regard to Israeli-Palestinian history.
Stay tuned for SEN Article Spotlights, which will be posted later in the week.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at email@example.com.