The Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism (ASEN) is an interdisciplinary student-led research association founded by research students and academics in 1990 at the London School of Economics & Political Science.
Goals and Objectives
ASEN seeks to fulfil two broad objectives:
- To facilitate and maintain an interdisciplinary, global network of researchers, academics and other scholars interested in ethnicity and nationalism; and
- To stimulate, produce, and diffuse world-class research on ethnicity and nationalism.
These objectives are achieved via:
- A global membership;
- ASEN’s two leading journals Nations and Nationalism and Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism (SEN)
- Regular conferences, lectures, seminars, and publications; and,
- The Ruritanian , ASEN’s newsletter, which provides updates on key information in the field.
For more information about ASEN, including how to become a member, listen to podcasts of recent lectures and details of the annual conference, click here.