- Globe and Mail (12/09/13) reports that Québécois MP, Maria Mourani, has been kicked out of her Parti Québécois for denouncing the party’s Charter of Quebec Values as discriminatory. The National Post (13/09/13) comments on the subject and on the Charter’s widespread condemnation by other Canadian leaders.
- RiaNovosti (11/09/13) reports on a recent national poll in Russia, which examined key factors which influence national identity, and revealed that sexual orientation and ethnicity were on top of the list.
- Albawaba (10/09/13) reports on Saudi themed contact lenses which have become popular in celebrations of Saudi Arabia’s national day, to be held on September 23rd.
- Al Jazeera (09/09/13) reports on Norway’s recently held national elections, in which the Conservative Party and its right-wing allies defeated the incumbent Prime Minister.
- Business Insider (08/09/13) has published excerpts from the book, Ancestry & Ethnicity in America, which include the book’s various ethnicity maps of the the U.S.
Stay tuned for SEN Article Spotlights, which will be posted later in the week.
News compiled by Karen Seegobin.
If you would like to write a response to any of these news stories, please email us at email@example.com.